System Administrator’s Guide¶
This guide explains how to install, configure, and run Hyperledger Sawtooth on a Ubuntu system for proof-of-concept or production use in a Sawtooth network.
It includes steps to configure a consensus algorithm, using PoET simulator consensus as an example, and to start the Sawtooth components as services.
It also includes optional procedures to change the user, client, and validator permissions; set up a proxy for the REST API; and configure Grafana to display Sawtooth metrics.
The instructions in this guide have been tested on Ubuntu 16.04 only.
- Setting Up a Sawtooth Node
- Setting the Allowed Transaction Types (Optional)
- Using a Proxy Server to Authorize the REST API
- Configuring Validator and Transactor Permissions
- Using Grafana to Display Sawtooth Metrics
- Using Sawtooth with PoET-SGX
- About Sawtooth Configuration Files
- Validator Configuration File
- REST API Configuration File
- Sawtooth CLI Configuration File
- PoET SGX Enclave Configuration File
- Identity Transaction Processor Configuration File
- Settings Transaction Processor Configuration File
- XO Transaction Processor Configuration File
- Log Configuration File
- Path Configuration File